Why should this be important to you ?
Read the report first and the answer will follow.
Koch Industries revenue is $115.0B annually. After extensive research and analysis, Zippia's data science team found the following key financial metrics for this conglomerate of companies.
- Koch Industries has 100,000 employees, and the revenue per employee ratio is $1,150,000.
- Koch Industries peak revenue was $115.0B in 2022.Koch Industries, Inc. is an American multinational corporation based in Wichita, Kansas with subsidiaries involved in manufacturing, trading and investments. Koch also owns Invista, Georgia-Pacific, Flint Hills Resources, Koch Pipeline, Koch Fertilizer, Koch Minerals and Matador Cattle Company. Companies owned by Koch Industries are involved in core industries such as the manufacturing, refining and distribution of petroleum, chemicals, energy, fiber, intermediates and polymers, minerals, fertilizers, pulp and paper, chemical technology equipment, ranching, finance, commodities trading, and many other ventures and investments.
- The staff at Koch Industries come from unusually diverse demographic backgrounds. The company is 36.3% female and 36.3% ethnic minorities. Despite its diversity in other areas, Koch Industries employees are noticeably lacking in political diversity. It has an unusually high proportion of employees who are members of the Republican Party, at 86.0%. Employees seem to enjoy working in an otherwise diverse workplace that is dominated by members of the Republican Party. Koch Industries has great employee retention with staff members usually staying with the company for 4.7 years.
- The average employee at Koch Industries makes $61,443 per year. Pay at Koch Industries is significantly lower than some of its highest paying competitors, like ConocoPhillips, SquareTwo Financial, and Futures Group, which pay $104,408, $84,685, and $83,071, respectively. Remember Koch Industries made $115.0B in 2022.
Forbes reports that Koch Industries, Inc. is one of the largest private companies in America, with estimated annual revenues that have exceeded $125 billion. It owns a diverse group of companies involved in manufacturing, agriculture, pulp and paper, packaging, consumer products, building materials, glass, automotive components, refining, renewable energy, chemicals and polymers, electronics, enterprise software, data analytics, medical products, engineered technology, project services, recycling, supply chain and logistics, global commodities trading, and investments. Since 2003, Koch companies have invested nearly $150 billion in growth and improvements. With a presence in more than 70 countries, Koch companies employ more than 120,000 people worldwide, with about half of those in the United States.
Two observations about the facts presented above before we get to the substance of the answer to the WHY:
1. Many of the products and services controlled by Koch Industries are ones that are great polluters of our planet. That couldn't have anything to do with the hoard of Republican deniers of the pollution
problems, could it?
2. This is in the form of a question. The high percentage of women and ethnic minority employees wouldn't have anything to do with low wages and low turnover, would it?
Now to undeniable facts and not educated guesses.
"Open Secrets - Following The Money In Politics" does exactly what its' name says. It follows the money in politics. See for yourself by going to https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/C00236489/candidate-recipients/2022.
Exposed by CMD https://www.exposedbycmd.org/ has reported:
In the 2020 election cycle, 28 organizations controlled by Charles Koch, his family, and Koch Industries executives spent a combined $1.1 billion, primarily to influence public policy and politics in the U.S., and had net revenues of $2.7 billion.
By the end of 2020, the combined assets of these nonprofits totaled $2.8 billion, an increase of $1.5 billion from the beginning of the year.
KOCH INDUSTRIES, THE KOCH FAMILY, AND THEIR EXECUTIVES HAVE TOO MUCH POWER OVER OUR GOVERNMENT AND ITS' POLICIES. OUR DEMOCRACY WILL NOT SURVIVE IF THIS CONTINUES.